Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing Up Novell Shares

2008-05-02 17:39:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing Up Novell Shares
From: Howie Jock <Jock.Howie AT NZPOST.CO DOT NZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 09:33:43 +1200
You could consider using rsync to centralise the data (possibly to a
Linux server) and back it up from there with a single Networker client
licence. Networker support for Netware fell way behind the pack, and has
pretty much stayed as it was in 2005. I have had no success specifying
Netware volumes or subdirectories in the save set (with the Netware
client installed) and do not believe it is supported.

Regards

Jock Howie
Datacom NZ Post Backup Administrator