Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP indexing?

2008-04-30 05:27:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP indexing?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:21:18 +0100
Eugene Vilensky wrote:
Hello List,

I am backing up an NDMP-enabled client (an Agami AIS6000-series), and according to my logs it is backed up successfully. However, there are no indexes in the media db; I cannot do file or directory -level recoveries, and still haven't tested recovery of the entire SS. In theory I should be able to recover the entire save set (a 400GB share), it is status "recoverable" under Save Set ----> Recover menu in nwadmin.

Is there something I am missing to get the NDMP backup to index? My full backup command currently looks like:

nsrndmp_save -M -T atar

I have also added -I [backup server] just to see if that would initiate an index.

Have you specified

DIRECT=y
HIST=y
UPDATE=y
?

Also - is atar the recommended backup method for your NAS device? When I have worked with Celerra I have used dump but it depends what is available.

If you haven't done so, it is worth reading the NDMP section in the NW admin guide, although it doesn't specifically cover the Agami AIS6000-series.