Networker

Re: [Networker] Failing powersnap with unclear cause

2008-04-28 15:08:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Failing powersnap with unclear cause
From: Keith A Schauer <keith AT BALROG.RSC.RAYTHEON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:49:59 -0500
Willem,

We have had numerous powersnap issues running on HPUX (Itanium & PA-RISC). According to our backup manager EMC engineering is looking into one issue that could cause seemingly random failures against EMC BCVs. I don't know if your environment is the same but if it is feel free to contact me.

Keith

Willem Polder wrote:
We run NW 7.3.2 on an hp itanium platform. We have been trying for several
days now to get this specific powersnap backup working. It is a standard
filesystem powersnap. NMC does noet give any details back, but some digging
in group-completion data gives the following:

         name: NIMBUS_FS_BCVR;
   completion: helium.backup.ux.nuon.local, /oracle/nimprod9,
               "failed:full:save", "",
               helium.backup.ux.nuon.local, /oracle/nimprod2,
               "failed:full:save", "",
               helium.backup.ux.nuon.local,
               /oracle/nimprod2/data, "failed:full:save", "",
               helium.backup.ux.nuon.local,
               /oracle/nimprod2/admin, "failed:full:save", "",
               helium.backup.ux.nuon.local,
               /oracle/nimprod2/mirdo, "failed:full:save", "",
               helium.backup.ux.nuon.local,
               /oracle/nimprod9/redo, "failed:full:save", "",
               helium.backup.ux.nuon.local,
               /oracle/nimprod2/redo, "failed:full:save",
"nsrsnap: Printing savecmd=nsrsnap_save after parsing
/oracle/nimprod9 /oracle/nimprod2 /oracle/nimprod2/data
/oracle/nimprod2/admin /oracle/nimprod2/mirdo /oracle/nimprod9/redo
/oracle/nimprod2/redo
nsrsnap_save: Failed to find out the version of Service provider.
nsrsnap_save: Backup operation failed.";

The only apparent cause is the line stating the findings on the service
provider. But that is a message seen very often and has never been a reason
for failure before. Is it now?

Can anybody help us out here?

Thanks very much for the shared experience over the last year,

Willem

*
Keith Schauer
*Fellow, Information Technology
Raytheon Company*
*schauer AT raytheon DOT com <mailto:schauer AT raytheon DOT com>

2501 West University MS 8020 McKinney, TX 75071 972.952.3947 office 214.675.3880 mobile /Customer Success Is Our Mission/