Networker

Re: [Networker] 1 Server keeps getting this error

2008-04-28 08:39:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] 1 Server keeps getting this error
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:34:38 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
04/26/2008 02:59:00 AM:

> Dear Legato Guru's
>
> I have been having trouble backing up 1 W2K3 Sp1 server in our ste
>
> We use Legato 7.1.2, all servers are Windows 2000 or 2003
> DNS is working fine for this server but still the server gives the
> following msg in the savegroup completion mail:
>

> dwh02:All 1 retry attempted
> * dwh02:All nsrexec: authtype nsrexec
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send

When I happened to mention to EMC Support (in passing) that I had just
gotten an RPC error, while we were troubleshooting another error, the
first thing she said to me was that usually, that indicated problems with
DNS or hosts files. I know our Win2000 DNS needs some work, and we don't
use hosts files.

Perhaps somethng to investigate.

--
Michael Leone