Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup of Red Hat cluster nodes

2008-04-27 19:39:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup of Red Hat cluster nodes
From: backup <backup AT ZWEISTRA DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 01:29:38 +0200
We do this all the time because we have a lot of linux clusters with stuff
in the middle.
The simplest way to do this is as follows

It begins as a three way deal   backup server - storage node - client (two
way if your backup server is the storage node)
Make sure you have the correct dns name and the corresponding ip address in
the hosts file of all three machines.
When creating the client instance go to the tab where you have Backup
command and fill in there
save -c public_clientname_to_be_backed_up
next make sure that in the saveset decription you actually enter what you
backup for that machine the mountpoint of the filesystem you want to back
up..
For windows cluster windows it works the same way
Save - c virtual_client_name
Saveset must be the driveletter that is connected to the virtual machine
usually  E:\ or F:\

Now you do a test backup . on the backup server type
[sudo] savegrp -mvI -c publicclient group_it_is_in &
Never done this on a windows backup server but it will be the same.
Hope this helps you