Networker

Re: [Networker] Script for collecting essential information for disaster recovery purposes

2008-04-18 10:10:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Script for collecting essential information for disaster recovery purposes
From: "Edward S. Marshall" <esm AT FNAL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:45:05 -0500
'up2date -i sysreport' :-)

It's pretty trivial to automate with a simple expect script (although, be
aware that the filename and interactive output that it produces changed
from RHEL3 to RHEL4, and I haven't looked at it with RHEL5 yet). It might
collect more information than you want, but it definitely covers the bases
you mentioned.

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm AT fnal DOT gov>
MIS Department Technical Services

             Kenneth Holter
             <kenneho.ndu@GMAI
             L.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: EMC              NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE                                     Subject
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>            [Networker] Script for collecting
                                       essential information for disaster
                                       recovery purposes
             04/18/2008 06:38
             AM

             Please respond to
               EMC NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
              Kenneth Holter
             <kenneho.ndu@GMAI
                  L.COM>

Hi.

We have deviced a disaster recovery plan for recovering our Red Hat
Enteprise Linux servers using NetWorker. What we are in need of now is a
way
to collect necessary system information from our backed up servers. Such
information would typically include partitions, LVM, filesystem label, and
so forth. The information will have to be collected on a regular basis to
cope with possible changes.

Does such a script already exist, or must we make it ourselves?

Regards,

kenneho

type