Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4 SP2 is available (info also)

2008-04-16 11:38:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4 SP2 is available (info also)
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:32:08 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
04/16/2008 11:02:19 AM:

> Some highlights:
> o) Support for Windows 2008, Vista SP1, MacOSX 10.5
> o) Support for Server on RHEL5
> o) Save set all <file-system-type>
> o) Support for JRE 1.6 !!!!!

Excellent! In a week or two, if no one has died a horrible death from it,
I'll see about upgrading my 7.4 SP1 on Win2003 ... I don't have or need
Win2008, Vista, Macs, or RHEL. But the JRE 1.6 is nice ...

> And one of the big ones:
>
> Cluster Client Connection licenses are no longer NEEDED. Sigh, we
> just bought 2 of them.

Huh. I have 4-5 clusters that I already have a license for.