Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning question

2008-04-15 12:23:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning question
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:20:38 -0400
Bruce,

The one thing you don't say, but I'm inferring from your words that your backup system is in close proximity to the systems you are backing up.

If that is the case, I see what you are trying to do, and I am sadly not aware enough of exactly how NetWorker manages the tapes and the retentions to intelligently provide further input on whether it will work or not. I know that from my point of view, NetWorker should be smart enough to see that this is a single copy and other copies exist of this SSID and therefore, the tape should expire and be ready to be recycled in three days -- but I've been sorely disappointed in NetWorker's true capabilities repeatedly.

Frank