Networker

[Networker] LTO drives and NetWorker 7.3.x

2008-04-15 11:53:33
Subject: [Networker] LTO drives and NetWorker 7.3.x
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:53:00 -0400
I need a little assistance with a bigger hammer for certain support folks inside EMC... I need people with LTO(1,2,3 or 4) tape drives to perform the following test for me:

Please mount a tape in the drive, then perform the following series of commands (these are for linux, but solaris would be similar -- sadly, I don't know the windows equivalents). The series of commands will ask the drive for its status, eject the tape, and then ask for the drive status again:

# get status
mt -f <tape_device> status
cdi_get_status -f <tape_device>

# eject the tape
mt -f <tape_device> offline

# get status again
mt -f <tape_device> status
cdi_get_status -f <tape_device>

Please if you would send that to me and tell me if your tape drives are fibre attached or scsi attached, I'd appreciate it greatly.

If you don't know how to get the tape back into the drive when you are finished, you can use the following command:

cdi_load_unload -f <tape_device> -l

or if you prefer (and it's an SJI library)

sjimm c.h.s drive X drive X

where c.h.s is the control port of the library, and X is the drive number.

Thanks,