Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux does not report the client version in nsradmin

2008-04-11 14:56:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux does not report the client version in nsradmin
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:52:55 -0500
Hello,
You can use NMC to view the client version,However, if you like to output
them to a file, nsradmin might be best.
Netowker reporter may also be of some help.
Thanks

Venkat Tudi <venkat.tudi AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04/11/2008 01:03 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Venkat Tudi <venkat.tudi AT GMAIL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Linux does not report the client version in nsradmin

Hi Tim,
I have over 1200 clients. If I have run this from each client that is a
painful one. Can I run this from any Backup Server.
-Venkat

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu> wrote:

> In regard to: [Networker] Linux does not report the client version
in...:

>  Hi all,
> > Any one know a way of capturing Networker Version of client and OS
type
> > in
> > Linux NW server.
> >

> Just ask the client directly.  Put this in a file and run it with the
> client name:
>

> #! /bin/sh
>
> #
> # Author: Davina Treiber et. al.
> #
> # Synopsis: Given a client name on the command line, contact that client
> # and ask it for info.
> #
>
> if test $# -lt 1 ; then
>    echo "$0: usage: nsr_get_client_version_from_client clientname" >&2
>    exit 1
> fi
>
> printf "%s\n%s\n" 'show NetWorker version:' 'print type:NSRLA' \
>    | nsradmin -p390113 -i - -s "$1" \
>    | sed -e 's/^ *NetWorker version: //' -e 's/;//g'
>

> Tim
> --
> Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
> Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)
> Room 242-J6, IACC Building                        (701) 231-8541 (Fax)
> North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105-5164

type
> this
> list. You can access the archives at

Venkat Tudi