Networker

[Networker] Which NSR directories need to be backedup to prevent Index

2008-04-10 17:47:09
Subject: [Networker] Which NSR directories need to be backedup to prevent Index
From: Jhende <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:37:39 -0400
The Server OS is AIX 5.3 , running Networker 7.2.1

Which NSR directories do I need to back-up in order to prevent
the Indexes from being corrupted?

The problem is we had two Active tapes get re-labled, the tapes were
sent to IBM .  IBM recovered the data back to,  two new tapes.

The data was recovered /restored from one of the tapes.
When I ran the scanner command on the second tape the Indexes on the
tape were recovered and corrupted the Indexes.   This required me having
to work with Legato Support to run mmrecovery

The scanner command used was:
scanner -vvv -f 2 /dev/rmt2.1 -x uasm -rv -m
/u03/archive/12month_retention=/u02/matchback/engage2/data/RESTORE