Networker

Re: [Networker] To index save or not?

2008-04-10 11:06:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] To index save or not?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:00:12 -0400
"Landwehr, Jerome" <jlandweh AT harris DOT com> wrote on 04/10/2008 10:23:01 AM:

> savegrp -O. That's how we do it if the environment is large enough.

I have 70+ clients.

> As long as you have the index somplace, there's no scanner commands at
> all, just nsrck -L7

I guess I'm misunderstanding ... I keep the bootstrap tape for all EOMs,
of course, but not every week of my retention period (we use a 2 month
browse/retention). How does "nsrck -L7" fit into this? If I have to
restore a file from 6 months ago (i.e., beyond my retention period), don't
I have to "scanner -m" the tape (if the index is on the tape)? Or are you
saying that I would put in the bootstrap from 6 months ago, and do a
"nsrck -L7" (which would look for the bootstrap tape from 6 months, and
re-read it)?

And *then* I would do my restore?