Networker

[Networker] Setting multiple modes using nsrmm?

2008-04-09 14:16:03
Subject: [Networker] Setting multiple modes using nsrmm?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:08:31 -0400
NW 7.4.1, Win2003

I have a list of volumes that I want to set to be "readonly" and "manual".
I can't seem to find a way to set both with a single command. i.e.,

nsrmm -o readonly,manual 915733
6238:nsrmm: `readonly,manual' is not a valid flag

nsrmm -o readonly -o manual 915733
6244:nsrmm: too many -o options

It's not that big a deal to run the command twice (especially as I'm doing
it from a script, in a loop), but it seems odd that I can't set both
attributes at once. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

(these volumes are my month-end tapes, so I don't want them to expire on
the policy, nor do I want to add anything more to these volumes)

Thanks

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM