Networker

Re: [Networker] More on 'Query for tapes created on a certain date'

2008-04-05 13:35:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] More on 'Query for tapes created on a certain date'
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 12:26:07 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] More on 'Query for tapes created on a certain...:

As you can see, dates within my original query ARE there. Also, note that
the output date format is in DD/MM/YYYY. This is completely inconsistent.

NetWorker's handling of multiple savetimes within an mminfo query hasn't
always been consistent between versions, either.

Could someone with better experience of how mminfo handles savetime dates
please explain to me how to make a consistent query from date1 to date2
with mminfo.

You've already received one solution to the issue -- here's another: use
UNIX epoch seconds instead of "NN/MM/YYYY" for your two savetime limits,
e.g.

        mminfo -q 'savetime>1204351200,savetime<1207026000' -r volume

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)