Networker

Re: [Networker] cannot open \\?\GLOBAL~~

2008-04-03 09:33:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] cannot open \\?\GLOBAL~~
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:29:31 -0500
$)CHello,
Does system have appropriate permission on the folder in question ?

@/1bGu <danny AT TNUDATA DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04/03/2008 04:42 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
@/1bGu <danny AT TNUDATA DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] cannot open \\?\GLOBAL~~

Hi All.

I got a problem with windows2003 client backup.

When I started group .. one of windows2003 client is not backed up.

Error message is like below
Cannot open \\.\CLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy7\nsr.dir
permission denied.

Could not be opened and was not backed up.

Backup Server : Windows2003
Networker Version : NW7.2.2Jumbo

Client : Windows2003
Networker Version : NW7.2.2Jumbo
Save Set : D:\ClearCase_Storage\Vobs

==> I use VSS backup option for this D:\clearcase_storage\Vobs directory.
This directory is for ClearCase VOB data. And..before I start the backup,
already Clearcase_lock all VOBs.

Thanks in advance for help and support.

Best Regard.
Danny Yoo ( danny AT tnudata DOT com )