Networker

Re: [Networker] Query for tapes created on a certain date

2008-04-02 15:19:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Query for tapes created on a certain date
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:02:44 -0400
-----EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:
-----

>To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
>Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
>Date: 04/02/2008 01:26PM
>Subject: Re: [Networker] Query for tapes created on a certain date
>
>On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 12:48:45PM -0400, MIchael Leone wrote:
>> And it does! Thanks. But why doesn't this work?
>>
>> mminfo -avot -q "client=admnman002,savetime=03/31/2008" -r
>> "client,volume,name,savetime(22)"
>> 6095:mminfo: no matches found for the query
>
>Because 03/31/2008 is equivalent to "03/31/2008 00:00:00".

Ah, I see ... NetWorker doesn't fall back to assuming "the 24 period known
as 03/31/2008". Thanks.

>I run perl on my windows hosts for any advanced scripting.  Other
>scripting languages are available.  While sticking with the
>installed
>tools is nice, the convenience of using something other than batch
>syntax is too high for me.

Unfortunately, I don't know perl. I'd like to learn, presuming I can find
the time ... I have downloaded ActivePerl, so I can at least try things
out, or run sample scripts I find.

Thanks for the clues.