Networker

[Networker] Can you run scanner on multiple tapes in the same saveset simultaneously?

2008-04-01 09:34:24
Subject: [Networker] Can you run scanner on multiple tapes in the same saveset simultaneously?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:29:05 -0400
I have a saveset that stretches across 3 tapes. Can I load all 3 tapes at
once; do a "scanner -v -i -S ssid#" on all 3 tapes at once, or do I need
to do them all sequentially? I know scanner will ask for the next tape in
sequence, when it finishes the tape it's on. if I have already finished
scanner on the 2nd tape in the other tape drive, can I just cancel the
scanner on drive 1, and Networker will be smart enough to know it has the
whole saveset info, and I can then do a recover?

NW 7.4.1, on Win2003. 4 drive library.

Thanks

--
Michael Leone