Networker

Re: [Networker] Change in Volume Labels

2008-02-28 16:05:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Change in Volume Labels
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:01:03 +0200
Andrew Dietz wrote:
Under what circumstances does NetWorker change a wolume label? We use volume labels that match the barcode id, and some started showing up with a modified label. For example we had a volume with label "QA0783" that has recently been marked as "recyclable" by NetWorker (it is not set to expire until 3/5!) and it's volume is now "~QA0783-1". I'm not sure what's causing this to happen.

I have seen similar things happen on an Overland NEO 8000, after it had its controller replaced and its configuration was back to eight characters label (instead of six). In my case, the labels were changed from 000001 to 000001L2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Andrew Dietz

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

-- Yaron.