Networker

[Networker] Tape drive says "monitoring"?

2008-02-25 13:48:41
Subject: [Networker] Tape drive says "monitoring"?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:45:07 -0500
I have a Win2003 server, running NW 7.4 SP1, with a single LTO-4 tape
drive. NW is showing the drive as "monitoring". My backup job won't run,
claiming that I need to label a different tape (I got the dread "too many
open files in system", for which no one has ever seemed to find an answer
for). Problem is, I can't seem to re-label the current tape, as it says
that it is "monitoring", whatever that means. And I have no other spares
at that site, since the order for more tapes doesn't come in until later
this week.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM