Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up Oracle RAC clustered file systems

2008-02-21 01:29:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up Oracle RAC clustered file systems
From: Ronny Egner <Ronny.Egner AT SIV DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:25:07 +0100
Cathy smith schrieb:
Folks

We are running Oracle RAC cluster, file system type ocfs, on a Linux, RHEL4 U6, 64 bit server. The normal NetWorker backup does not pick up the cluster file systems automatically. I get the message savegroup not started. NetWorker has no problem with the other file systems, type ext3. If we run a backup up that specifically lists the ocfs file systems, NetWorker see them just fine. Our work around is to have a separate backup group defined solely for the ocfs file systems. We would prefer to have NetWorker see these file systems automatically. Is that possible to do, and if so, how? Our NetWorker server is running v.7.3.3. The clients are running 7.3.3-1.x86_64.

One question: For what reason are trying to backup this
file system? In generel every file located here can be backed
up with RMAN and should be done so.

If you are backing up the database offline make sure you have stopped
the cluster ready services as well to get a consistent backup.

Regarding your question: As far as i know networker backup every
file system listed in /etc/fstab file. If a file system gets mounted
on startup it should be backed up by networker as well.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ronny Egner
Diplom-Ingenieur (BA)
Systeme & Service
Oracle DBA

Telefon: +49 381 2524-422
Telefax: +49 381 2524-399

SIV.AG - Service für Informationsverarbeitung AG
Hauptsitz: Konrad-Zuse-Str. 1, 18184 Roggentin
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Rostock, HRB 8677, Ust.-IdNr.: DE 137477226
Vorstand: Jörg Sinnig (Vorsitzender), Andreas Lehmann, Arno Weichbrodt
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Thomas Huth

Aus Rechtsgründen ist die in dieser E-Mail gegebene Information nicht
rechtsverbindlich. Eine rechtsverbindliche Bestätigung reichen wir
Ihnen auf Anforderung in schriftlicher Form nach. Diese Nachricht ist
ausschließlich für den Adressaten oder dessen Vertreter bestimmt.

The information contained in this email is not legally binding.
At your request, we will provide you with a legally binding confirmation
in written form. This message is intended solely for the addressee,
entity to which the email is addressed or the authorised agent.