Networker

[Networker] Backing up Oracle RAC clustered file systems

2008-02-20 19:11:16
Subject: [Networker] Backing up Oracle RAC clustered file systems
From: Cathy smith <cathy.smith AT PNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:01:39 -0500
Folks

We are running Oracle RAC cluster, file system type ocfs, on a Linux,
RHEL4 U6, 64 bit server.  The normal NetWorker backup does not pick up the
cluster file systems automatically.  I get the message savegroup not
started.  NetWorker has no problem with the other file systems, type
ext3.  If we run a backup up that specifically lists the ocfs file
systems, NetWorker see them just fine.  Our work around is to have a
separate backup group defined solely for the ocfs file systems.  We would
prefer to have NetWorker see these file systems automatically.  Is that
possible to do, and if so, how?  Our NetWorker server is running v.7.3.3.
The clients are running 7.3.3-1.x86_64.

Thanks.

Regards,

Cathy Smith