Networker

Re: [Networker] How to get more detail in alert notifications?

2008-02-20 11:02:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to get more detail in alert notifications?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:59:25 +0000
MIchael Leone wrote:
I got this highly informative alert email from NetWorker last night ..

Subject:  <servername> File System FULL Wait
Body: NetWorker adv_file: (alert)
:-)

Now, I was able to figure out that one of my storage nodes (adv_file device) was out of disk space. But I had to go digging through what groups were still running, runninfo mminfo, etc. Any way to configure the notification to actuall tell me what the volume name of the the FULL file system is? The volume name would help me to figure out which node I needed to clean up. I didn't see anything in the help to indicate how to add any variable information to the subject or body of the notification email.

Server (and snodes) are all Win2003.

It used to give more information than this back at 7.2.x. It used to show the name of the filesystem, but not the name of the storage node hosting the adv-file device. It also didn't show useful information such as the NetWorker volume name.

<CYNICISM>
Seems this has been "improved" in recent versions. Better to show no information than incomplete information.
</CYNICISM>