Networker

Re: [Networker] backup of nas shares...

2008-02-19 17:06:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup of nas shares...
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:03:14 -0500
Another way of increasing performance is backing up by quota tree rather than
by volume. Rather than use ALL in your saveset, use
/vol/vol0/etc
/vol/vol0/quota_tree_01
/vol/vol0/quota_tree_02

Each line in the saveset will start a seperate session, increasing
parallelization.
----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
www.otaotr.com     | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139