Networker

Re: [Networker] VSS Client on Networker server and exchange

2008-02-19 13:07:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] VSS Client on Networker server and exchange
From: Scott Bingham <bingham_scott AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:57:43 -0500
Hello Nick,

It is indeed just not possible, with this release, sorry.  It is on our
list of functionality to add as soon as possible, but neither VSS
Client, nor its follow-on NetWorker Module for Microsoft Applications,
can be installed on the same system with NetWorker Server.

The VSS capability of the NetWorker client that comes with NetWorker
7.4.1 should be able to accomplish this, however.  It will take
snapshots of the system via VSS and move the snapshots immediately into
NetWorker media.

The scenario where we have no good VSS solution is where one of the
major applications (e.g. Exchange or SQL) is installed on the same
system as NetWorker Server, which most people do not do.

Hope that this helps,
_Scott