Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Server Rename

2008-02-15 12:42:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Server Rename
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:39:37 -0600
Hello,
Can you provide more detail info, what and how was the rename done ? what
steps have you taken since then, how is the name resolution configured and
present?
Clients were originally, configured to talk to your server host name( old
name), that has changed, so you will need to reconfigure clients to talk
to new server name ( servers file on the networker client)
Do you use host file, if so was it updated ? is DNS up-to-date ?
Can the server backup himself ?
What errors are you seeing ?
What does nsrlic output say, is the server disabled for some reason ? what
state are your devices in ?
HTH

tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
02/15/2008 11:20 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Networker Server Rename

I just renamed my networker server and of course Networker does not work.
I reinstalled to get the management console operational, but my groups
still will not backup. What else do I need to do?

Networker 7.4sp1

|This was sent by troy.kutil AT milwaukeetool DOT com via Backup Central.

type