Networker

Re: [Networker] Media emergency on snode

2008-02-13 11:33:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media emergency on snode
From: Alan Archer <alan AT ARCHER.CLARA DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:28:43 -0000
Have look at...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304101

good luck

-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of MIchael Leone
Sent: 13 February 2008 15:06
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
02/13/2008 09:28:22 AM:

> We had a similar issue a cheap NAS was changing the permissions on the
file
> system.  I would check to make sure your service account has the proper
> permissions to write and modify.
>
> BTW, it took over a week for them to help me figure this out.

It should ... this job lists specific folders on the drive to back up, and
it's only a couple that have a problem. (and not always the same 2,
either). If I use mminfo to examine the savesets on that client, I do see
that 8 of the directories have successfully backed up to the AFTD device.

But I'll check further, thanks.

> The escalation is to call and ask for the manager on duty.  If that does
not
> help, call the service manager in your area.  You should be able to ask
you
> sales rep who that is.  If you go up the chain the call backs times get
> shorter and shorter.
>

> On Wednesday 13 February 2008, MIchael Leone wrote:
> > I'm seeing
> >
> > NetWorker media: (emergency) Cannot write to
> > X:\DBO\42\46\1eb44f17-00000006-86b2250e-47b2250e-0c7b0000-0a4007c8 -
> > errno=22
> >
> > I have a ticket open with EMC, but being as to they're on the West
Coast,
> > and I'm on the East Coast, half the time they don't call me back until
> > after I've left for the day. So I thought I'd ask here. I'm *pretty*
sure
> > I know which snode is causing this error (although the alert doesn't
say),
> > but don't know what to do to fix it. I know that my job has failed for
> > days now, and I need to resolve it.
> >
> > Server and snode are both Win2003. Snode is AFTD, using my SAN as
storage
> > drive.
> >
> > Any thoughts appreciated.
>
> To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu
> and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write
> to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems
> with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.
> temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

type