Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up Celerra with NDMP to SAN attached tape

2008-02-13 01:58:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up Celerra with NDMP to SAN attached tape
From: Wayne Smith <Wayne.Smith AT CDU.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:22:50 +0930
 Hi Nick,

We used to perform our Celerra backups this way (although to the server,
not SN).
>From memory, you will need to run jbconfig, and configure all/some of
your tape drives to also be NDMP devices. You will also need the Celerra
ndmp username and password handy.

We have since changed the backup method to over the network, as we had
lots of problems with drive contention between the NDMP and normal
NetWorker backups. Have been relatively happy with this solution.

I am not sure about splitting the load between ports. I would assume
not, unless you manages to run seperate savesets/groups, and somehow
target specific tape drives, that were configured on seperate ports.
Dont know if this is a feasible option or not, have never looked into
it.

HTH
Wayne Smith
Systems Administrator
Data Centre Group
ITMS
Charles Darwin University,  Darwin,  NT,  0909

CRICOS Provider No: 00300K