Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4sp1 NDMP backups on NetAPP filers

2008-02-12 11:28:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4sp1 NDMP backups on NetAPP filers
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:24:16 -0600
Hello,
There are many configuration parameter on Filer, backup server etc that
needs to work in sync, first thing i would do is make sure you can see the
drives attached to the filer ( sysconfig -t) then use the correct tape
instance to configure Legato Tapes.You will also need a root password to
configure legato or else you will need to generate ndmp password on the
filer.
You will also need NDMP licence , although there is an  over the network
method to backup filer, it's not that prevalent.
I will be happy to share my setup doc and give you additional tips if you
email me, its hard to attach the docs and go over all the possible configs
in an short email like this.
Thanks

tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
02/12/2008 08:12 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Networker 7.4sp1 NDMP backups on NetAPP filers

Could you share your configuration on the group & client. I have yet to
get a full backup of all of my volumes. I have a netapp 2050 and networker
7.4sp1. Right now my tape is "writing,idle" and has been like that for the
last 12 hours.

|This was sent by troy.kutil AT milwaukeetool DOT com via Backup Central.

type