Networker

Re: [Networker] index cleanup

2008-02-08 14:09:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] index cleanup
From: "Landwehr, Jerome" <jlandweh AT HARRIS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:04:42 -0500
true the indexes do get appended after each client's completion, but when you
have 100's of clients and have to find those chunks of indexes off of many
tapes, you realize why many ppl on the list do a savegrp -O (and then you can
do all your saves without indexes (like the -I savegroup flag)

so this keeps you from having to scan all the tapes if you need to do a dr -
you rebuild the index via nsrck -L7 and then you can browse all the savesets

this has been our policy for any datazone whose full take more than a handfull
of tapes