Networker

Re: [Networker] index cleanup

2008-02-08 12:50:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] index cleanup
From: "Landwehr, Jerome" <jlandweh AT HARRIS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:43:55 -0500
Not sure if there's a documented 'best practice' but this is what I do to cover
all my bases

first I record the client ID in case I need to recreate the client resource to
recover the index so I can make the client ID match what it used to be:

        mminfo -q client=[name] -r client,clientid | sort -u >> deleted.index

then I remove the online index:

        nsrck -Y -R [client]

and the (empty) directory:

        rmdir /nsr/index/[client]

and finally, remove the client resources via the NW gui

it's very important to do a savegroup -O to back up the index regularly - it
makes recovery _much_ easier!

HTH
Jerry