Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about mminfo query

2008-02-08 09:38:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about mminfo query
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:25:48 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
02/07/2008 11:47:13 PM:

> A saveset on adv_file has copies=2     so your query with copies>1 will
> show the same whether or not the seaveset have been copied to tape... I
> expect this script has been deleting stuff you didn't want deleted..

Well, ordinarily, my selection criteria looks like:

-q "client=%machine%,volume=%tapevol%,copies>2,savetime<1 day 17:00"

Which *should* give me any savesets that have been cloned to tape (3
copies = 1 on RW disk, 1 on RO disk, 1 on tape), and that were created
before 5PM yesterday (in our case, that effectively means 2 days ago). We
then delete those returned savesets.

This particluar script is for a machine that doesn't have enough diskspace
to keep 1 day's backup on disk, so this script clears out everything on
the disk space.

> And my usual warning, when we discuss this topic (every two weeks or
> so),   copies=3  does not necessarily mean you have a good copy on tape
> - an aborted copy will still be counted. You need to check clflags
> before deleting.

Hrm ... so I should be adding "clflags <> a"?