Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about mminfo query

2008-02-07 15:20:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about mminfo query
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:16:29 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
02/07/2008 02:01:00 PM:

said...:

> You need to specify how wide the field should be for savetime, via
> something like "savetime(21)".  The (NN) method works for most fields
> that I've tried, which can be useful for some reports.

That was it, thanks. And for certain sizing fields (i.e., totalsize),
setting width to (2) shows size in MB/GB, which is a lot easier to read
than bytes, when you're dealing with 500G+ ...

> > Main question: when I run:
> >
> > mminfo -r "ssid,cloneid,savetime" -q
"client=%machine%,volume=%tapevol%"

> > I get the same results. How is that possible?
>
> Off the top of my head, I wouldn't think it would be, but I'm not that
> familiar with AFTDs.  I would try adding more fields to the report
> (especially copies,client,volume) and see if that points out any obvious
> issues.  I'm suspicious it has something to do with the volume part of

That was it. When I printed the "copies" field, I saw that the value was
3. So of course, that would match both queries (because it was more than
1).

Sorry for the confusion.