Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup group's start/end time?

2008-02-05 12:18:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup group's start/end time?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:14:21 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Backup group's start/end time?, rlchua said (at...:

I forgot to mention during my initial post that I was also looking into
the data from the notification email that Networker sends after a backup
group completes. Each email has a header on the body similar to this:

NetWorker savegroup: (notice) ASYSTEM completed, total 1 client(s), 0
Hostname(s) Unresolved, 0 Failed, 1 Succeeded.
Start time:   Mon Feb  4 20:00:00 2008
End time:     Mon Feb  4 20:49:24 2008

--- Successful Save Sets ---

I was wondering if the start time and end time from this email is stored
somewhere, thus, I thougt of mminfo. I was thinking that I can get a
similar kind of data (one liner for start/end time) by using mminfo.
Would you know how Networker gets the start/end time for each group
email notification it sends?

I've never tried to figure out how those two times are arrived at.  I
always assumed that since savegrp is what's actually running the group,
it just notes when it (savegrp) starts and when it ends (or perhaps when
there's nothing left on the work list for the group), and then reports
those times.

As far as those times being stored, they're likely stored in the resource
for the group (after it completes), as the "last start" and "last end",
as I mentioned in my previous post.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)