Networker

Re: [Networker] Pruning indexes

2008-02-04 10:57:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Pruning indexes
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:52:34 +0000
The only solution is to update each ASR/SYSTEM STATE-DB-FILES ssids,
to force browse expiration date as expired
(nsrmm -w <expired date> -S ssid)

Then, crosschecking mediadb and index should purge the index store
but, I am not convinced at all you will reclaim lot of index space
purging ASR/SYSTEM savesets.

Maybe consider using Archiving for long retention backups and
not "browse forever" as retention time.

If you want to keep an index of what is being archived, you can
always list recursively the volume/FS you are archiving and
store the result in an "index.txt" file in the root of your volume for
easier retrieving.

HTH

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT - PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                                  Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels

Winners don't do different things, ... they do just things differently!