Networker

Re: [Networker] How to get a 40-slot Autochanger license to work for a 42 slot library?

2008-02-01 09:03:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to get a 40-slot Autochanger license to work for a 42 slot library?
From: "Clark, Patti" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:00:03 -0500
George,

I have a Dell PV 132T that allows me to partition the tape library.  I
have to work with the interface to partition and use only the correct
size to report to Networker for the license.

I also have a Quantum M2500, a close relative of what you have. I have
looked through the doco and I did not see anything in the configuration
options that manages slot counts.  Unless Quantum can tell you
different, I don't believe that you have that option.

Patti Clark
Sr. Unix System Administrator - RHCT, GSEC
Office of Scientific and Technical Information