Networker

Re: [Networker] Can I make a remote networker server use my local tape drive?

2008-01-31 11:02:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can I make a remote networker server use my local tape drive?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:57:38 +0000
Nor a device, nor a jukebox (unless partitioned),
nor a storage node can be part of 2 datazones and recovering data
from a tape from a datazone to an another implies you define
client twice (and using 2 client license), have same pool naming on
both env and you scan the tape (with or without rebuilding client file index)

As you described it, no other solution.
Maybe an iSCSI Tape defined from backup server and
iSCSI drive located on your wks ?
Just an idea, must check supported hw

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT - PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                                  Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels

Winners don't do different things, ... they do just things differently!