Networker

Re: [Networker] device getting disabled

2008-01-30 06:38:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] device getting disabled
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 06:36:47 -0500
Also check the speed you can get on your tapes.
After enough SCSI errors Solaris will downgrade the SCSI speed - on the
assumption that slower SCSI will have less errors, if the errors continue
it will keep slowing the SCSI down until it ends up (I think) at <
5Mbytes/sec and asychronous. The only way to bring the speed back up to
what it should be is a reboot.

_________