Networker

[Networker] Confusion over chkconfig values for networker?

2008-01-29 13:56:42
Subject: [Networker] Confusion over chkconfig values for networker?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:52:06 -0500
Hi,

Can someone please tell me what the chkconfig values should be for networker?

A typical Linux client shows this:

# chkconfig --list networker
networker       0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:off   5:on    6:off

But when I run this on our storage nodes, it shows:

networker       0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

The startup script itself (/etc/init.d/networker) has the line '# chkconfig: 35 95 05' That tells me that there should be an 'S95networker' under /etc/rc3.d and rc5.d only. Also, there should be a 'K05networker' under /etc/rc0.d. BUT, on these snodes, there's also an 'S95networker' under rc2.d and rc4.d, and I guess that makes sense given the chkconfig values, but this is beyond the values (35) that the actual init.d script says.
It's not like it says '2345 95 05'.

1. Should I chkconfig those two values off?
chkconfig --level 24 networker off

2. Are these supposed to be 'on' maybe for snodes but 'off' for regular clients?

3. Just for laughs, I chkconfiged level 2 'on' for a regular client and then 'off' again, and it creates the '/etc/rc2.d/S95networker' sym link when you turn it on, and then removes it and adds a 'K05networker' when you turn it off. Does it make sense to still have the K05networker
sym link there???

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210