Networker

Re: [Networker] Kernel Panic problem

2008-01-21 07:54:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Kernel Panic problem
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:50:48 +0200
On Monday 21 January 2008, Kevin West wrote:
> Hi Dag,
>
> I believe you maybe correct with nsrmmd, there are no core dumps as I think
> the server freezes before they can be written out.

If it complains about "out of memory" at the first instance, it is NOT the bug
I am talking about, as in most installations you need 5-10 "leftover" shared
memory instances from nsrmmd before it runs out of memory.

> It had two kernel panic's on saturday, one at 7:00pm & another at 10:00pm
> after getting everything going again. And it has been going fine since.
>
> I have ordered another 8Gb of memory for the server, I hope this will help,
> but at this stage I am not confident.

I don't think it will help....

As it has now been running for some time: Any process that uses a lot of
memory? (And keeps growing)

Output from ipcs -a reasonable?

Best
Dag