Networker

Re: [Networker] Tips for doing a DR at SunGard

2008-01-16 10:41:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tips for doing a DR at SunGard
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:36:06 -0500
Good luck with the test. I did not understand what you were looking to
do.

Yes make sure the pool is configured. Run the scanner -I clientname.
Once the tape starts to read kill the scanner. This will populate the
clientid into the db. Now add the client into networker. Start the
scanner over with the -I flag.

You need to scan the tapes in order. IF you can copy the clientid from
your backup server then you can create the client with the original
client id before starting your scan.

Once done you should be able to do a browsable recovery.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA, NACP
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918