Networker

[Networker] Client not being backedup

2008-01-16 00:06:54
Subject: [Networker] Client not being backedup
From: bangrn <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:34:17 -0800
Hi Guys,

PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS PLEASE!

I am having a problem backing up a client to Networker. A client profile was
created called abc with an IP address of 10.100.5.6 for testing purposes.
Once testing was completed I removed the client profile and deleted the
associated savesets but I didnt remove the client file indexes.

When I went to create the client profile for the live server abc (with same
IP 10.100.5.6) a test backup of C:\temp succeeded however the normal nightly
backup always failed with an error message of:

2 retries attempted

No full backups of this save set were found in the media database; performing a
full backup

save: File index error: permission denied, `SYSTEM' on `abc' must have remote
access privilege to client scorvmtestian.

save: Cannot open save session with networker server

 When a backup was run manually during the day of ASR or SYSTEM DB it would
always fail.

 After this I removed all savesets of abc and scorvmtestian. Note a mminfo for
scorvmtestian would bring up savesets for abc. Then I removed the client
profile for abc and created a new client profile for scorvmtestian. I then
removed the client file indexes for scorvmtestian. I then created a new client
profile called abc and ran a full backup. For the first time I succeeded in
getting a full backup of abc. I then removed the scorvmtestian alias from the
abc client profile and removed scorvmtestian from DNS. I then ran another full
backup which succeeded with no error messages.

Last nights backup of abc failed with this error message:

2 retries attempted

save: File index error: `scorvmtestian' is not a registered client

save: Cannot open save session with networker server

Aghhhhh! I thought I had got rid of all trace of scorvmtestian!!!!!

I have implemented this:

Here is my plan (assuming its OK with the client to blow away yesterdays full
backups):

Delete all savesets for abc
Verify no savesets are left for abc
Remove the client file indexes for abc
Verify the abc directory has been removed under /nsr/index
Delete the abc client profile

Change hosts file to remove abc and add scorvmtestian
Add a client profile for scorvmtestian
Check no savesets exist for scorvmtestian (unlikely)
Remove the client file indexes for scorvmtestian
verify the scorvmtest directory has been removed under /nsr/index
Delete the client profile for scorvmtestian

Change the /etc/hosts to remove scorvmtestian and add abc
create a new client profile for sqbhosms02
Run a test backup

NO CHANGE

01/16/08 12:11:00 savegrp: job (645308) host: abc
 savepoint: D:\ had ERROR indication(s) at completion.
* abc:D:\ 1 retry attempted
* abc:D:\ save: File index error: `scorvmtestian' is not a registered client
* abc:D:\ save: Cannot open save session with seinfeld
01/16/08 12:11:00 savegrp: abc:D:\ failed.