Networker

[Networker] Preparing for levels and incrementals across 2 groups

2008-01-14 13:50:40
Subject: [Networker] Preparing for levels and incrementals across 2 groups
From: adarnell <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:47:34 -0800
At the time of posting, I was unaware that this method wouldn't work - which is
what my question was about. Until I read your response, it hadn't click into my
head that our backups weren't taking too long, we just had the majority of them
scheduled for the weekend when everyone is away. I could clone the individual
savesets at different times during the weekdays. It wouldn't have to be in one
huge chunk of time, like the weekend, since the clone operation won't affect
any users.

What I wanted to end up with, was a way to only do a full backup every couple
months or every quarter, and run leveled backups weekly, between those fulls,
for onsite. It looks like this won't be possible since I'd like to keep a full
offsite at least once every month. As you and others have pointed out, a full
is a full. So, I can't run a full to take it offsite without my levels going
off of those.

Too bad, it would save a good chunk of money on tapes to be able to run levels
more often.