Networker

Re: [Networker] Preparing for levels and incrementals across 2 groups

2008-01-12 00:37:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Preparing for levels and incrementals across 2 groups
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 00:29:23 -0500
But what you're proposing doesn't work.  You can't run two fulls, and
then run two different sets of incrementals and have one reference the
first full and one reference the second full.  NW will always reference
the most recent backup.

If cloning takes too long, then perhaps you should fix THAT rather than
design another system that doesn't work.  You need more or faster tape
drives, a faster server, or some optimization to make the cloning go
faster.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies