Networker

[Networker] can i avoid use of SYS password for RMAN scripts?

2008-01-11 07:43:05
Subject: [Networker] can i avoid use of SYS password for RMAN scripts?
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:35:59 +0000
I have a number of  backups that use Oracle application module by calling rman
scripts. In the script we have to specify the SYS password. Is it possible to
configure the rman scripts without using this password, for example, use
?connect target /? instead? How can i do this?

  We have tried to configure the rman script without using this password but it
appears that Networker calls the rman script using the root account.

  The reason for not using the SYS password is for security reasons. We do not
want to put this password into 30+ servers using rman for backup.

  Has this been an issue at other sites and how was the problem overcome?

  Thanks, Mark Wragge