Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.3 or 7.4.1 or 7.4

2008-01-10 11:03:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.3 or 7.4.1 or 7.4
From: "Greggs, Dana" <c-dgreggs AT STATE.PA DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:58:51 -0500
I did try 7.3 and 7.4 but rolled back to 7.2.2. I did upgrade to 7.4.1
it in my experience it is markedly different than either 7.3.x or 7.4. I
had issues seconds after the install with both 7.3.x and 7.4 but not
with 7.4.1. Our environment is large (over 700 Servers) comprised of
Windows, Linux and VMWare ESX Servers that run Web and Database
applications. We have 40 or so Clustered Servers and I backup roughly
7TB daily with 4 Windows 2003 Networker Servers. We have run Networker
since 5.0. Networker had been stable since 6.1 until 7.3 which is why we
stayed on 7.2.2. If you want to try 7.4.1 stop all Networker Services,
copy \nsr\* to another location, do and then do the upgrade. If it bombs
stop the services, uninstall Networker, copy back the 7.2. \nsr\*
folders and files, then reinstall Networker 7.2.2. It works for me every
time. I upgraded the "rolled back" to 7.2.2 because I didn't receive my
update enabler in time (in time meaning before I left work). I have it
now.

P.S Have your update enabler in place BEFORE the upgrade otherwise
Networker will be disabled.

Thanks,

Dana