Networker

[Networker] Supporting multiple clients for save set recover?

2008-01-09 13:03:01
Subject: [Networker] Supporting multiple clients for save set recover?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:36:12 -0500
Hi,

I was trying to recover some older data using save set recover wherein I specify multiple ssids from different tapes,
and I get the following error:

recover: cannot support multiple clients, ssid 1359557889 from client `fred' and not `stella'

So, if I run it like this:

recover -s server -d destination -S 1204768770 -S 1359557889

where 1204768770 is from stella and 1204768770 is from fred then I get the error. I've tried this on several save sets from various clients, sometimes specifying multiple ssids, and I see this error, although it did work one time for two different save sets from two different clients but can't recall what those values were.

If, however, I run the command twice like:

recover -s server -d destination -S ssid1

and then again for ssid2 then it works.

We're running 7.2.2 on Solaris with a RH snode. The data is not being recovered to the client that backed up the data or to any of the clients whose ssids are specified. It is being recovered to a separate client. All affected NSR client resources, however, have this client listed in their
'Remote access' field.

Any ideas?

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210