Networker

Re: [Networker] How to delete "NSR peer information" ?

2008-01-09 10:38:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to delete "NSR peer information" ?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:36:52 -0500
On Jan 9, 2008, at 10:03 AM, Andrés Guerrero wrote:

Hi all,

After upgrading Networker to 7.4 I receive this error in the logs:

nsrexecd SYSTEM error: There is already a machine using the name: "hercules1". Either choose a different name for your machine, or delete the "NSR peer information" entry for "hercules1" on host: "hercules0"

Where hercules1 is one of my clients (Solaris) and hercules0 is my backup server (Win2003). Anyone knows how to delete the "NSR peer information" from a specific machine on the server?

If the client is a Unix or Linux system, log onto hercules0 and cd into /nsr/res

Type

nsradmin -d nsrladb

Then type "vi"

Tab to "select" and select it.

Tab over to the menu item that says "NSR peer information" and select it.

Keep moving through the list of peers until you reach hercules1 and then delete it, then press Q to quit out of nsradmin.

That should do it.