Networker

Re: [Networker] Such a long time to recover a save set ?

2008-01-09 09:35:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Such a long time to recover a save set ?
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:30:47 -0500

Tested a recovery on the server itself? Backup server back to backup server?
Did you try a recovery to /tmp from the client? The client's network should not
be an issue unless it was an issue prior to the disk crash? What filesystems
were on the disk that crashed? Do you have networker servers file updated? The
network/switch mismatch would not prevent backups or recoveries it would just
slow them to a crawl. If that was the issue the recover should still start but
move very slowly.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA, NACP
WORK - 973-533-2098