Networker

Re: [Networker] "Cross check exited with status '256'"

2008-01-07 11:04:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] "Cross check exited with status '256'"
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:02:09 +0000
Dear Terry,

nsrim -X is not useful here I think as it will not purge
file device.

Try once running "nsrstage −C −V <AFV VOl Name>" to instruct
nsrstage to remove from disk.

from nsrstage man page :

Instructs nsrstage to perform a volume cleaning operation. Scans
a volume for save sets with no entries in the media data base
and recovers their space. Space for recyclable and aborted save
sets are also recovered from the volume with the save set
entries removed from the media data base. You can perform this
operation on adv_file and file type volumes.

Cheers

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT – PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                                  Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels

Winners don't do different things, ... they do just things differently!