Networker

[Networker] Tape showing in drive but it isnt

2008-01-03 16:03:31
Subject: [Networker] Tape showing in drive but it isnt
From: mgolden <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:57:32 -0800
As soon as I stop and start the services it recognizes all of the drives and
everything is good, so I would think that discounts any OS or hardware issue.
Also licensing is done by the number of slots in Legato, not drives.

Somehow Networker gets confused and thinks the drive is in use so it's not
"active" - even when there isn't a tape loaded.

We tried extending the delay values in the timers section of the library
properties so we'll see if that helps.  Haven't had the problem yet but it's
always intermittant anyway.

Thanks!